Preserve Your Vacation Memories
Some vacation mementos, such as sea
shells, rocks, sand, driftwood, and leis, simply don’t fit into pages of a scrapbook. So why not create a vacation scrapbox? Scrapboxing is a clever way to preserve your vacation memories.
- To start, you need a sturdy box—an old shoebox, a cigar box, even a tackle box will do.
- Decorate the box with photos from sightseeing brochures, postcards, or your own personal photographs.
- Embellish the sides and seams of the box by gluing on small seashells and stones from the beach, your Mardi Gras beads, or feathers found on that wilderness hike.
- Be sure to date and identify those photos.
- Have your kids, spouse, or vacation buddy write a one-page "favorite vacation moment" for your vacation memory box.