Don’t leave home without it
Whether you are planning a day road trip, a hike in the woods, or a cycling tour of the area, be sure to arm yourself with a few "survival" necessities.
- For hikers: Invest in an "adventure" personal medical kit, available on-line or at your local outdoors stores. Essential to have whether taking an afternoon hike or a week-long camping trip.
- Day Trippers: Pack a knapsack with bottled water, energy bars, aspirin, and Sani-wipes or antibacterial hand cleanser.
- Items to always carry in the trunk of your car: flashlight, blanket, and auto emergency kit.
- If you have a cell phone, bring it along. Oh, and be sure to fully recharge the battery before you go!
- Have a notification buddy: If you are planning a hike in the woods or mountains, let someone at home know where you are going to be.
- Always carry on your person: medical emergency notification information card including any and all drug and/or insect bite allergies, and prescription medications you are taking.